Virtual machines

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Is it possible to set up a virtual machine on windows 10 home I have been trying but cannot get it to work, I have tried Virtual Box but read that it wasn`t supported by windows 10 H so I have switched to VMware player and still no luck. I am trying to load Ubuntu to see how it works and thought this was the best way - not.

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Virtual Box is supported on windows 10. On their home page (https://www.virtualbox.org), second paragraph down it says it supports windows 10. And VMware player has been known to have issues. It blocked my internet one time and crashed my PC when i tried to uninstall it and several people I know have had big issues with it as well. If your into running virtual machines it may be worth upgrading to windows 10 pro so you can use hyper-v which is made directly by Microsoft so less OS altering issues xD

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to set up a virtual machine on windows 10 home I have been trying but cannot get it to work, I have tried Virtual Box but read that it wasn`t supported by windows 10 H so I have switched to VMware player and still no luck. I am trying to load Ubuntu to see how it works and thought this was the best way - not.

note that windows 10 pro upgrade will cost 100USD

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720