why there is no fm radio (in built app) in latest windows 10 OS for windows app?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have updated my windows phone (lumia 638) into windows 10 operating system and after when my phone restarted my fm radio app gone which was provided by Microsoft. I also did some hard reset but nothing seems working. please help me out here, that was very important app.

Thazal

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft decided to pull the plug on their own FM radio app because there are 3rd party options out there. You'll have to find the app that works best for you.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have updated my windows phone (lumia 638) into windows 10 operating system and after when my phone restarted my fm radio app gone which was provided by Microsoft. I also did some hard reset but nothing seems working. please help me out here, that was very important app.

I'm on .494 non insider build (India).
And still have default working FM Radio app.

I hope to see this inbuilt app in AU (NON INSIDER UPDATE COMING ON 9 Aug).

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Just like the Microsoft app, you need to have headphones plugged in, you can't switch to speaker though.

But if the hardware isn't exposed by the OS, any FM app you try and use, will report that the FM hardware isn't present regardless of whether you have headphones plugged in or not. I suggest you do a quick search of these forums, this issue has been discussed here in the past.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre