How can I change the font in Sticky Notes after Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I used to be able to change the fonts and size of the sticky notes. Ever since installing Windows 10 anniversary update, the sticky notes open extremely large and so is the font. The only option I can change is the sticky note color.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I used to be able to change the fonts and size of the sticky notes. Ever since installing Windows 10 anniversary update, the sticky notes open extremely large and so is the font. The only option I can change is the sticky note color.

you're right, I'm guessing the next update should add that back

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

gilezzz

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just tried the new sticky notes.. very sluggish if you keep the "insights" function active.
Also, the left margin is too big, takes too much space. The notes were useful because they were compact, no need to occupy screen with blank space.
The font is ugly.

There is the old shortcut to increase/decrease font size:
Ctrl+shift+> bigger
Ctrl+shift+< smaller

BUT.. it crashes:eck:. One trick I found is that I open a blank note, then I first change the font size using the shortcut, then type or paste in stuff. this way it works.

Real pity because I use sticky notes as a permanent ToDo list on my desktop. The only function I would have liked is automatic backup in OneDrive and ability to see the same note on different computers when I login with my account.

In short: if something works fine THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE IT. Microsoft, what were you thinking?

Amasood

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft has to fix this issue

there was a windows update which i installed and when its done my sticky notes font and its own size has become insane the it almost covers whole screen the font size become 14 which is bizarre

Dear microsoft developers

please change it to some reasonable and decent size so that when we open it, it remains our own property
it should not become a CINEMA SCREEN

thanks
please make

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has to fix this issue

there was a windows update which i installed and when its done my sticky notes font and its own size has become insane the it almost covers whole screen the font size become 14 which is bizarre

Dear microsoft developers

please change it to some reasonable and decent size so that when we open it, it remains our own property
it should not become a CINEMA SCREEN

thanks
please make

send the feedback using feedback hub, more chance of them seeing it there :smile:

ReubenL

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Just a workaround for those still having issues. I just came across this now

I went into the windows.old\system32\ folder and copied the stickynot.exe from there to the windows\system32 folder

Just make a backup of the current file there before replacing with this one just in case

I did this and can now use the shortcuts for resizing the font and pasting from other apps keeps the font formatting from the other app

venukx

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
Use CTRL and + buttons to change the font size in a new sticky note.:grin:
Do not try to change the font size in an existing sticky note by using this method. Then it gets stuck. This works when you open a new sticky note and then, first enter CTRL and +, the start writing on it. then the small fonts appear...
It works!!! :amaze:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea