Why do I still have my desktop background?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I got a virus on my laptop and reinstalled windows with the scrub my drive option. When I finished reinstalling and got to the desktop I noticed that my desktop background was the same one that my slideshow was on before I reinstalled. Should I be concerned?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you sign into your MS account during setup? Do you have other devices on your account with the sync option turned on? If so, out might be that your settings have simply synced across your devices.
It's always a good idea, though, to run Defender again, install and run malwarebytes, hitman pro, or some other virus-seeking software.

There is a slight chance that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that this is a result of settings sync based on your MS account ID.
Right before the cutoff date, I installed W10 on an older laptop. After the installation process was completed, I discovered that my desktop background mirrored that of my main laptop - and this was not a static image..it was a series of images that I have set to change every minute.

MCrulz101

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I ran a malwarebytes scan (with rootkits enabled on the C drive) and it came up clean. I am currently doing a windows defender scan, I'll reply if it finds anything. Thanks, I didn't even think about the microsoft account syncing! Have a nice day and thanks for all your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon