contact icons gone...

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
just opened my contacts on my windows 10 lumia 640 lte and all the contact photos have gone - does any one have an idea why or how to fix it? cheers drew.

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
nope. no photos there too. ive just added an icon to the PC people app, will that show up on my phone? - it was an experiment. thanks. plus I cant reply post in the windows central desk top app either, so I'm replying over the net.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, photos will sync but it may not be instantaneous.

My contact photos disappeared with the build before the last one, still haven't shown up, must be at least a week now... Don't think they're ever gonna sync now, and I'm not adding them all over again, must have done this a few times over the last year or so, had enough now.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Quick update, I've never used the People app on the PC, but now that I have taken a look at it for the first time ever, I can confirm that the photos are missing from there as well. This really p1sses me off, it took me ages to add/assign photos to my contacts, and not for the first time, they are now all gone AGAIN!!!

Last edited:

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Quick update, I've never used the People app on the PC, but now that I have taken a look at it for the first time ever, I can confirm that the photos are missing from there as well. This really p1sses me off, it took me ages to add/assign photos to my contacts, and not for the first time, they are now all gone AGAIN!!!
...my new icons are still in place...for how long - who knows!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The pictures may stay there if I re-add them again, but I seriously doubt the ones that were there before will return with just an app update. It seems to completely wipe any/all photos associated with contacts when this happens. I for one am not adding these associations all over again, this would be the third time this has happened, and it's not funny, it takes so long to do!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The pictures may stay there if I re-add them again, but I seriously doubt the ones that were there before will return with just an app update. It seems to completely wipe any/all photos associated with contacts when this happens. I for one am not adding these associations all over again, this would be the third time this has happened, and it's not funny, it takes so long to do!

I'm guessing the csv list from outlook does not have the images saved :sweaty:

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, same problem here last week. Trying to sync the account in the People app and Mail app returned error 8500201d. The error cleared after trying multiple fixes but icons were gone. I think it's related to the Outlook.com upgrade and Microsoft should be ashamed of the problems they've caused for many users with this upgrade. I've had contact photos since 2012, no problems and now *poof*. Like a fish rotting from the head, I blame the CEO. This stuff should be backed up in OneDrive through the People app, No??!

Schandmaul

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem.
Woke up this morning and realised that all profile pics of my contacts are gone.
They do not show up in the people app on my Lumia 950, they do not show up on my Laptop, they do not show up online on outlook.com. It seems as if they are gone forever since neither app has them.

Weird thing is, ONE contact pic is still there, but ONLY on my phone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb