When I go to Start, Run and enter path (//10.10.10.11) of one of our DC's, I see all the normal folders, shares, etc. My problem occurs when I click to view contents of the netlogon folder, it asks me for network credentials to connect. Why? I'm joined to the domain already and I am a domain admin. What's even stranger is when I log in with my AD credentials or even the domain administrator credentials, it fails every time (Access is denied.) This began only after the anniv. update.
    08-11-2016 10:02 AM
    The netlogon share is read only for all domain members, not just admins. So it would likely only prompt if you were having domain membership issues on the PC.
    It browses fine when I try the equivilent on my laptop logged on as a regular domain user account (on anniversary update).
    The netlogon share is read only for all domain members, not just admins. So it would likely only prompt if you were having domain membership issues on the PC.
    It browses fine when I try the equivilent on my laptop logged on as a regular domain user account (on anniversary update).
    08-11-2016 10:17 AM