Why is my microsoft surface pro 4 not responding at all

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Microsoft surface pro 4 won't respond. I tried moving the curser, nothing happens. I tried turning it off and on, nothing happens. It's stuck for like 30 minutes and nothing is happening. I'm not sure whats going on or whether the problem is related to the crack on my screen (yes my slate is cra

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My Microsoft surface pro 4 won't respond. I tried moving the curser, nothing happens. I tried turning it off and on, nothing happens. It's stuck for like 30 minutes and nothing is happening. I'm not sure whats going on or whether the problem is related to the crack on my screen (yes my slate is cra

Hi there - Are you able to maneuver with the keyboard/trackpad? If so, then it likely doesn't have anything to do with the crack itself. You may have, however, damaged something internally as well as the screen when you dropped/damaged the screen. And that may be what's causing the issue.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

long press the power button until it switches off - should take about 20s
Then start normally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs