What happened to my SMS texts after Win Mobile 8.1 > 10 upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

About 24 hours ago I upgraded our two 640XLs from Win8.1 mobile to W10 mobile.

I exercised due diligence and backed up both phones using the tools provided in settings.

After the upgrade the email (google mail and IMAP) accounts, people and SMS text messages were gone.

The email accounts & contacts stored in google were recovered by setting up the accounts again.

However, SMS text messages on both phones are gone. Is there a way to recover them?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you had SMS backup switch on in the SMS settings under WP8.1 then they will come back over time. If that backup option was not on they won't.

For me it did take quite a while after an initial upgrade to 10 for them to appear.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Go to the store and make sure the messaging app is up to date.

In message, go to settings and make sure "sync messages between devices" is on. it should start syncing back your messages.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
About 24 hours ago I upgraded our two 640XLs from Win8.1 mobile to W10 mobile.

I exercised due diligence and backed up both phones using the tools provided in settings.

After the upgrade the email (google mail and IMAP) accounts, people and SMS text messages were gone.

The email accounts & contacts stored in google were recovered by setting up the accounts again.

However, SMS text messages on both phones are gone. Is there a way to recover them?

try a restart and also checking that backup of sms is on

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs