Hi guys , I was wondering if the surface pro 4 256gb i5 8GB ram varrient would be able to handle video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Hitfilm, Sony Vegas, or Power director ( haven't decided which yet ) . I won't be doing any 4k editing or gaming and I will be mainly having the surface just at home connected to the charger.

Music Production: for music production I will be probably be using FL Studio ProdEd

Im havening a debt between either getting a Macbook Pro ( 128gb varrient , just in case if you were wondering ) or getting a Surface Pro , There both in the same price range of $1,300 so my main question is , " Would it fit my needs ? " .

If you can help out , that would be really really awesome. Thanks

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    08-15-2016 01:38 AM
    Hi guys , I was wondering if the surface pro 4 256gb i5 8GB ram varrient would be able to handle video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Hitfilm, Sony Vegas, or Power director ( haven't decided which yet ) . I won't be doing any 4k editing or gaming and I will be mainly having the surface just at home connected to the charger.

Music Production: for music production I will be probably be using FL Studio ProdEd

Im havening a debt between either getting a Macbook Pro ( 128gb varrient , just in case if you were wondering ) or getting a Surface Pro , There both in the same price range of $1,300 so my main question is , " Would it fit my needs ? " .

You're right in choosing the 8GB version, it will certainly help in editing. However, for serious editing, you need a laptop that has a dedicated graphics card - the surface book comes to mind
    08-15-2016 02:33 AM

The New Razer Blade Full HD - Buy Gaming Grade Laptop - Official Razer Online Store This would be better, Also you can attach a GPU if you need more power in the future, so it will last you a good 5-10 years It also comes with full license of FL Studio 12 Producer Edition
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-15-2016 03:20 AM