I'm trying to change back to the slow ring but I'm getting this error message

"The program can't start because lockdownutil.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling program"

I can't seem to find where to install it from.
    Help
    Vic
    08-15-2016 12:41 PM
    You may have to do a fresh install. had exactly the same problem you may find you can't get into the settings to go back to an earlier build.
    Victor Harshman likes this.
    08-15-2016 01:30 PM

"The program can't start because lockdownutil.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling program"

Help
    Vic
    try running this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter
    SFC Scan: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

you never know
    08-16-2016 07:58 AM
    have the same issue, so I am doing a fres install. However that seems to take forever (I am at +2 hrs right now) is that normal? Ok it's a Tablet with only 2GB Memory though. But until now hab no Installation issues.
    08-17-2016 08:31 AM
    Originally posted by Victor Harshman

Help
    Vic
    Fresh install your Windows
    08-17-2016 08:57 AM
    have the same issue, so I am doing a fres install. However that seems to take forever (I am at +2 hrs right now) is that normal? Ok it's a Tablet with only 2GB Memory though. But until now hab no Installation issues.
    It can even take a day, so let it be
    08-19-2016 07:33 AM
    A DLL ist a file that contains executable code. Downloading that type of file from an unverifiable source off the internet and copying it into your OS directory structure is a very very very bad idea.

Save all the data you have on your OS drive, format the OS drive, and then reinstall Windows. That's the only sure way to fix the issue that is also guaranteed to be safe.
    08-26-2016 10:00 AM
    A DLL ist a file that contains executable code. Downloading that type of file from an unverifiable source off the internet and copying it into your OS directory structure is a very very very bad idea.

Save all the data you have on your OS drive, format the OS drive, and then reinstall Windows. That's the only sure way to fix the issue that is also guaranteed to be safe.
    True. Just format.
    08-26-2016 10:08 AM