Will the Lumia 730 DS 3G (India) work on US carriers ?

pp201

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi I am an incoming student and will be studying in Minneapolis. I have a Lumia 730 DS which I had bought in India. It is a 3G handset, unlocked and country variant (CV). Will the phone work out of box with US carriers like AT&T, T Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular for calling and internet ? Also I will be living at the U of M, so suggestions on carriers which have good coverage and 3G speeds at the U is appreciated. Thanks.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Nope, it will only get one band, which is Band 2. You wouldn't be able to get LTE speeds. Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular only accept certain phones and they wouldn't accept that. AT&T and T-Mobile are flexible but it's not ideal to have a phone that only has one working band.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First of all, only Sprint and Verizon-branded Windows Phones work on their respective networks.

Second, it should technically work on ATT and T-Mo. You'll get calling and texts. As for internet, I dont know how fast it'll be. You won't be getting 4G most likely.

Also consider prepaid service like Straight Talk or ATT's GoPhone for example.

pp201

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
The phone doesn't have 4G LTE so I'm not expecting LTE speeds on the device. But you spoke about Band 2. Band 2 is WCDMA. So I will get 3G speeds right ? upto 21.1 Mbps ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo