I don't understand what are the benefits of using UWP vs desktop apps (like Viber and Skype) and having two versions installed on my PC seems a bit strange.
    08-17-2016 07:39 AM
    The future is the UWP app. It will be replacing the desktop app. Benefits are notification integration and security.

I would go with the new app. It appears to work well here as a preview, and only expect it to get better.
    08-17-2016 07:43 AM
    You think that desktop apps will eventually be retired and fully replaced by UWP version?
    Because UWP makes sense in 2in1 computers, but desktops and laptops without touch input might use desktop version with more functions. That is exactly why I am confused. My laptop is ThinkPad w/o touch input and I find text size and desktop app to fit better. But UWP app seems better integrated into action center.
    08-17-2016 08:17 AM
    You think that desktop apps will eventually be retired and fully replaced by UWP version?
    Because UWP makes sense in 2in1 computers, but desktops and laptops without touch input might use desktop version with more functions. That is exactly why I am confused. My laptop is ThinkPad w/o touch input and I find text size and desktop app to fit better. But UWP app seems better integrated into action center.
    UWP is designed to run across multiple screen sizes and touch and non touch. Right now the UWP app has less functionality but they are being added slowly
    08-19-2016 07:34 AM