Just received a request to join Microsoft's

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Received email, supposedly from Microsoft, asking me to assist in their "Spam Fighter" program. They will allow one spam email per day to get through to me, and I am to confirm whether it is spam.

Sounds phony to me. Could be carrying malware.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft typically doesn't initiate contact for test programs unless you specifically sign up to notifications and their current method is to use preview programs. Sounds dodgy.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Received email, supposedly from Microsoft, asking me to assist in their "Spam Fighter" program. They will allow one spam email per day to get through to me, and I am to confirm whether it is spam.

Sounds phony to me. Could be carrying malware.

delete and forget
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes that sure sounds like a scam to me. If Microsoft wanted to test spam like that, they could easily set up their own "personal" email accounts At the very least they could arrange it with Microsoft employees.

I'm just curious here, but was the email written with poor English? I've heard that scammers use bad English on purpose to weed out people who are likely to catch on to the fact that it's a scam right at the onset. If someone replies to something like that, the battle is half won!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2