Cortana at Work and Play

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a personal laptop which is Win10 and my Windows Phone which is 10 as well. Meaning I have a Microsoft account, one drive, etc. I use Office 365 at home too.

My work machine was just upgraded to Win10. This is a Microsoft shop here - Office 365 and OneDrive through Skype for Business. If I put my personal MSFT login into Cortana on my work laptop what will that muck up? By doing so, would I hose Skype and everything?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you would lose skype, but Cortana would then be getting data from 2 different sources and hence the 2 accounts will start having common points

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

duckboxxer

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've created an account. Thanks. It sounds like since Cortana would be getting data from 2 points, rather than just one (or one and a half... like searching local files/ local programs and personal interests) things would start mucking up.

Would it be worth it to create another account? A "work" account? Or would that just be something else to maintain?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It depends on how much you need to separate your work and personal entities. I have a laptop at work that I signed on with my Microsoft account, and it gives me all the benefits of having my account on this PC, I get Cortana notifications,reminders, etc.

However, you would understand the best circumstances for you, and if it would be more beneficial to separate your work and home accounts. Let us know which method you decide to use!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster