What benefits are there for getting windows 10 pro instead of basic?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to use an emulator for windows 10 mobile and you can do that using Visual Studio but the emulator option is only available if you have windows 10 pro installed and not with the basic windows 10 OS.

Getting the pro upgrade means paying an additional 100USD which is lot.

So what are the benefits or added features of having pro instead of basic? I'm especially asking this for those who upgraded from home to pro and saw some real differences

Thank you

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
There doesn't seem to be any feature that I can use in windows 10 pro vs home. So I'm finding it hard to justify paying 100USD for pro just so that I can use an emulator for windows 10 mobile through Visual studio

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The only assumption one can make abut that is that MS doesn't expect Home users to do programming. Which is odd in this day and age. To me, their whole thing with making different versions is nothing more than a money grab.

Most features with visual studio/community can work on the home version. It's just this one feature that requires a higher level

So no other benefit of having pro? No other unlocked features?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In this age of apps, one rather have a way of locking specific apps and programs, don't you think? :cool:
Its not about protecting specific applications or anything, which isn't quite the same. I like one login that protects everything personally, I dont have a use for halfway protection.

Its about protecting every bit of data from prying eyes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6