Why does my WP silence alerts when I listen to music via headphones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I like to listen to music but I don't want to miss text, mail or call alerts, my WP immediately mutes all alerts. I've looked for settings to change this but can't seem to find any. Not sure which model it is (is a work phone and we call it the guvnor) but It's the net version of the old 1520, like a phablet.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
so when calls come in, you don't hear anything or just don't get the call coming in?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The reason is because people don't want constantly interrupted music while using their phone. Imagine texting while listening to music, it would take an hour to hear a 3 minute song, it would drive people nuts

Scalmac

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all I get that people wouldn't want to be disturbed but I would have thought there would be an option to allow it. I actually want to be disturbed as is a work phone and although calls and texts do come thru if I'm not looking at the phone I miss them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss