Creating a Restore Point Access is Denied

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I try to create a restore point on Win10 I get the message access denied 0x80070005. I've gone in and increased the usage to 14%, I've tried to create the shortcut on Windows central with the same results.

How do I fix this?

debi0662

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure how to tell which Win10 I have. I do know I just did an update for Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems.

Yes the link was on the desktop

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how to tell which Win10 I have. I do know I just did an update for Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems.

Yes the link was on the desktop

If you right click the start button and click on system -> at the top it will tell you which version of Windows 10 you have.

For instance if you have windows 10 pro, it would easier to take control of windows update as I imagine it's possibly attributed to the cumulative update.

If it's windows 10 home, the quickest solution would be to hiding the cumulative patch using the trouble shooting tool after uninstalling the cumulative update - that is presuming that update is the culprit.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have Windows 10 Home but I have had the problem for a while. The last time an update was done was 8/8/16. So I don't know what caused the problem.

When did it start roughly?

If you look at the windows update history, we maybe able to pin point which update may have caused the issue.

Also can you access event viewer via the right click context menu?

If you can, go to Windows logs on the right hand side and click on system -> scroll down until you see the last time the error popped up. Take a screenshot and add it to your post. It will upload as an attachment .).

debi0662

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes I can get to the Event Viewer but when I do it only shows items dated 8/19. What would I look for? I Errors, Warning and information items.

The last restore point I had was 8/8/16. In the attached word document are screenshots of my updates

Attachments

• WinUpdateLog.doc
    554.5 KB · Views: 10

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes I can get to the Event Viewer but when I do it only shows items dated 8/19. What would I look for? I Errors, Warning and information items.

The last restore point I had was 8/8/16. In the attached word document are screenshots of my updates

Ah, my apologies I should have specified - you would be looking for errors and warnings around the time you got the access denied error for system restore. I can confirm that the word document with the update screenshots downloaded without any issues.

debi0662

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I really appreciate the help you're giving me. I just got so frustrated because nothing you've suggested has solved my problem. Is this something I can contact Microsoft about?

debi0662

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I really appreciate the help you're giving me. I just got so frustrated because nothing you've suggested has solved my problem. Is this something I can contact Microsoft about?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Not a problem, can totally understand .)

If you are in the US you can take it to your local Microsoft store or try the links below:

support.microsoft.com

support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/

In the contact us link, click getting starting and enter a brief description.

You should see this screen here you have an option for someone to call you or arrange a call back.

MS Support Description1.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb