Live titles not updating on mail & calendar!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm an insider on W10 mobile. It's so annoying that live tiles on mail & calendar are not updating for months!!! Is there any explanation for this? Anybody know any solution for this? I understand that being an insider sometimes we can have these issues but now that we have the anniversary update, how come MSFT doesn't solve this issue??? It's really annoying!!!
Appreciate any feedback!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they are working it. Recently I've stopped getting toast notifications and my mail box stopped syncing automatically, I would have to manually sync to check emails.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm an insider on W10 mobile. It's so annoying that live tiles on mail & calendar are not updating for months!!! Is there any explanation for this? Anybody know any solution for this? I understand that being an insider sometimes we can have these issues but now that we have the anniversary update, how come MSFT doesn't solve this issue??? It's really annoying!!!
Appreciate any feedback!

can the app run in the background?
Have you tried resizing the tile or unpinning the tile?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I have had this very problem for months as well. Hard reset a couple times but didn't fix it. I've left feedback for this, voted up others' feedback for this, even tweeted Dona and Outlook about this, there's no response at all it's like they don't really care. Very frustrated and disappointed that MS can't even get their own live tile working properly.

My latest attempt is starting a thread on Microsoft Answers forum, one response from a MS "support engineer" so far with a generic non-answer. Please go vote up and comment and hopefully we can get more attention on the issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...te-turns/05be8e5d-72b0-4416-a1d3-639f55443d7b

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I am having it since 16th Aug after getting the AU.I had to hard reset after AU for quite a few other problems (Alarms not ringing,sound volume very low etc).Those problems got fixed but not the Calendar tile problem.I have to resize it to medium then again back to wide to get the date to update.
Soft reset does not help to correct problem permanently.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having it since 16th Aug after getting the AU.I had to hard reset after AU for quite a few other problems (Alarms not ringing,sound volume very low etc).Those problems got fixed but not the Calendar tile problem.I have to resize it to medium then again back to wide to get the date to update.
Soft reset does not help to correct problem permanently.

so your live tile was updating before anniversary? Consistently?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
so your live tile was updating before anniversary? Consistently?

Yes ,on Threshold 2 I did not have tile updating problems ( 17th March onwards)
I did have it on 8.1 at times.
After AU the News tile also does not update sometimes.
Now Calendar Tile is consistently not updating,I have to resize every day to get the date changed.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I have had this very problem for months as well. Hard reset a couple times but didn't fix it. I've left feedback for this, voted up others' feedback for this, even tweeted Dona and Outlook about this, there's no response at all it's like they don't really care. Very frustrated and disappointed that MS can't even get their own live tile working properly.

My latest attempt is starting a thread on Microsoft Answers forum, one response from a MS "support engineer" so far with a generic non-answer. Please go vote up and comment and hopefully we can get more attention on the issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...te-turns/05be8e5d-72b0-4416-a1d3-639f55443d7b

Yes ,on Threshold 2 I did not have tile updating problems ( 17th March onwards)
I did have it on 8.1 at times.
After AU the News tile also does not update sometimes.
Now Calendar Tile is consistently not updating,I have to resize every day to get the date changed.

So the observation that live tile worked for one user on threshold while it didn't work for another brings what conclusion? That perhaps the live tile not working is affecting a small sample of users and not a large majority?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
So the observation that live tile worked for one user on threshold while it didn't work for another brings what conclusion? That perhaps the live tile not working is affecting a small sample of users and not a large majority?

Mostly people are getting it after AU as I see in the Forum.Those who were in Insider say they are having for the past two weeks approx.There are posts in W10 mobile AU threads.When I went to Feedback I found many others are facing the same problem.it seems a widespread issue and an annoying one.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss