WHY DOES MY SETTINGS tell me to get an app STORE TO OPEN IT Y DOES MY MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORK????

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Every time i try to open settings in the the notification center, it says that i should get an app from the store. also my microsoft edge does not want to open at all?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Every time i try to open settings in the the notification center, it says that i should get an app from the store. also my microsoft edge does not want to open at all?

That sounds like a frustrating problem.

Could you give us some more details? Are you on mobile or a PC? We can't really help you if we don't know what kind of device you're rocking.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Luc Eeckelaert

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, its a 950. I suspect it happened after an automatic update this week. Not sure because I had the update 2 days ago and just now wanted to change a setting. I don't have more info as I can't go into setting to give you the version. I did a soft reset by removing the battery but no change. I now also found out the Storage app doesn't work. It flashes like it want to start it but reverts back to the home screen within a second. Sometimes Edge when clicked goes a bit further but stops and goes back to home screen... I can try to do a hard reset but this is something you would do as a last resort.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, its a 950. I suspect it happened after an automatic update this week. Not sure because I had the update 2 days ago and just now wanted to change a setting. I don't have more info as I can't go into setting to give you the version. I did a soft reset by removing the battery but no change. I now also found out the Storage app doesn't work. It flashes like it want to start it but reverts back to the home screen within a second. Sometimes Edge when clicked goes a bit further but stops and goes back to home screen... I can try to do a hard reset but this is something you would do as a last resort.

do settings open when data is on? Or the opposite, when off?

Luc Eeckelaert

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't give up easily to find a solution to those things but as I didn't get access to settings in whatever state I put the phone I finally decided to do a hard reset. Luckily the great Windows mobile backup was there to have everything back in place after approx. 1 hour. All is working again now but this should not happen. Thanks for your replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven