Every time i try to open settings in the the notification center, it says that i should get an app from the store. also my microsoft edge does not want to open at all?
    08-24-2016 09:28 AM
    Every time i try to open settings in the the notification center, it says that i should get an app from the store. also my microsoft edge does not want to open at all?
    That sounds like a frustrating problem.

Could you give us some more details? Are you on mobile or a PC? We can't really help you if we don't know what kind of device you're rocking.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:48 AM
    Hi, did you find a solution? I have the same issue since a few days...
    All other apps working. Just Edge and Settings don't open. 950.
    08-27-2016 01:17 PM
    Hi, did you find a solution? I have the same issue since a few days...
    And the same question that Indistinguishable asked the OP may well apply, if you want help it pays to help the helpers with some information.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-27-2016 01:20 PM
    Hi, its a 950. I suspect it happened after an automatic update this week. Not sure because I had the update 2 days ago and just now wanted to change a setting. I don't have more info as I can't go into setting to give you the version. I did a soft reset by removing the battery but no change. I now also found out the Storage app doesn't work. It flashes like it want to start it but reverts back to the home screen within a second. Sometimes Edge when clicked goes a bit further but stops and goes back to home screen... I can try to do a hard reset but this is something you would do as a last resort.
    08-27-2016 01:40 PM
    Hi, its a 950. I suspect it happened after an automatic update this week. Not sure because I had the update 2 days ago and just now wanted to change a setting. I don't have more info as I can't go into setting to give you the version. I did a soft reset by removing the battery but no change. I now also found out the Storage app doesn't work. It flashes like it want to start it but reverts back to the home screen within a second. Sometimes Edge when clicked goes a bit further but stops and goes back to home screen... I can try to do a hard reset but this is something you would do as a last resort.
    do settings open when data is on? Or the opposite, when off?
    08-28-2016 01:34 PM
    I don't give up easily to find a solution to those things but as I didn't get access to settings in whatever state I put the phone I finally decided to do a hard reset. Luckily the great Windows mobile backup was there to have everything back in place after approx. 1 hour. All is working again now but this should not happen. Thanks for your replies.
    aximtreo and Chintan Gohel like this.
    08-29-2016 03:17 AM