SMS notifications and no longer get a sound

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have the Nokia 1520 , Pakistan....the texting live tile no longer shows the text notifications and no longer get a sound when a text message comes in. Anyone else experiencing this?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Been getting and reporting this forever. Use Feedback Hub to join in with your feedback.

I think it relates to the option Show Notification over the lock screen. Shouldn't impact the notification sound but does.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
I have the Nokia 1520 , Pakistan....the texting live tile no longer shows the text notifications and no longer get a sound when a text message comes in. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hey, Go to Settings> System> Battery> Battery usage by app.

Under ' battery usage by app '.
Find the messaging option and tap on the first option(Allow this app to run in background).
Solved

.--------.
/ A TIP \
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Go to Settings> System> Battery> Battery usage by app.

Under ' battery usage by app '.
Find the messaging option and tap on the first option(Allow this app to run in background).
Solved

.--------.
/ A TIP \
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

shorter way would be to go to settings > privacy > background apps :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3