USB Ethernet that works with Microsoft Continuum Dock

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 950 XL and a Microsoft Display Dock (aka Continuum Dock). Now that W10 Anniversary Update has been released (adding support to Ethernet adapters), I want to be able to plug a USB 2.0 or 3.0 Ethernet Network Adapter into one of the USB ports on my Display Dock (and it works). I realize that there are several USB-C options out there, but you cannot connect a USB-C adaptor to the Microsoft Display Dock (it takes the older 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 connectors).

Does anyone know of a working USB 2.0 or 3.0 Ethernet adapter that one could connect to the Microsoft Display Dock? If so, could you tell me one you've had success with? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Justin

weatheryoko

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Ashram. I'll look for that one. I'm thinking about trying Microsoft's own Ethernet adapter. I would think it would work with their Display Dock. I'll post my results (i.e. either with Microsoft's or Linksys's). Linksys isn't available at the local Best Buy so I may have to order that one from Amazon.

Anyone else besides Ashram have success?

Cheers,
Justin

weatheryoko

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that the Microsoft Ethernet USB adapter (for Microsoft Surface products) plugs in and works without problems (Whoo Hooo!).

You will need to have the Anniversary Update installed for it to work....

Cheers,
Justin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett