Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Windows 10 will not open.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am told the program is installed, but won't open after I changed to Windows 10

tvattach

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I solved this. I had the same issue, that Solitaire collection would open to the splash screen, then immediately close because it could not get past the "Events" loading screen. I thought it must be a networking issue even though my internet worked perfectly on both wired and wireless connections. I updated Win 10 to the latest version 3 times, checked all my privacy and firewall and antivirus settings, reset the game and reinstalled it from the Windows Store several times, ran the troubleshooters for the Windows Store, the games apps, and networking several times, changed the Xbox live settings, got a completely new Microsoft account and did everything I could find on the web about this problem, all to no avail.

I should mention that the game worked perfectly for over a year until the past few days, and it continued to work perfectly on my 3 other computers in the house.

Then I noticed while working in a different program that a dialog box was too big to fit on my screen. So, I opened the display settings and changed the "Change the size of text, apps and other items" from the recommended default setting of 150% down to 125%. Now, all of a sudden the Microsoft Solitaire Collection once again works perfectly every time.

When I think back, I think that my problems started after an update, although uninstalling updates did not help. I believe that the new Win 10 versions (I tried them all) all picked 150% for the text size because I am using a 55 inch TV for a monitor. This apparently put the Solitaire Collection outside the size range that it could deal with, so it choked. Hopefully Microsoft will deal with this in an update (I sent them feedback about it), but in the meantime this will hopefully work for you as it did for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon