Upgrade win 10 32 to 64 help

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

I have Win 32 and I want to up it to 64.

I have a blank HD in an external case formatted and ready to accept Win 10 64 which I will use as my primary disk once installed.

I have initiated the Media Creation Tool but when I click the use USB Drive it tells me it cannot see any drive.

The drive is there in Explorer tree.

Any help please?

Thanks

oz

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So you already have win 10, but would like to get the 64 bit?

The first question is; can your device handle 64 bit? settings > system > about > look for "system type" > if it says sth like .... "x64 based processor" then what you're trying to do is possible. If it does not say that; forget it

In case you have windows 7 32 bit and want to go to win 10 64 bit:

Open system information > system type > does it say: x64 based pc?

Adding this: How to upgrade from a 32-bit to 64-bit version of Windows 10 | Windows Central

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

ozstar

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi and thanks..

Yes I have Win 10 32 and now want to up to 64. The hardware is all fine too.

I have downloaded the 64 bit iso and burning a DVD now.

How can I update from the current 32 to 64 so that the install sees my current activate code so I am not prompted to pay for a new one.

Summary.
I am installing the 64 version to an external drive and the current 32 version is alive in my primary C: drive.

When it is installed, I will replace the current 32 drive with the new 64 in the box.

Thanks

oz

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium