Lumia - Calibration of Proximity Sensor. Is there any tool to do this??

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I see several people (me included) searching the net for solution to Lumia Proximity sensor problem after re-assembing the device / changing the LCD/glass.

Basically - phone goes dark as soon as a number is dialled. Proximity sensor senses as if the phone is close to the ear (though it is not). Solutions suggested are glueing the proximity sensor closer etc etc.

My query: Is there a tool to calibrate the proximity sensor? I'm sure Nokia/Microsoft do it while manufacturing. Is there a tool for this? This will make a lot of Lumia users happy!!

Ba_Doh

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
(Sorry - I registered as a user after this query. The original query is from me)

Had seen this thread before (and dozens of similar threads with "quackish' solutions that worked for some people) - but still needed to post. My query is specific - Is there an App or setting that can help re-calibrate the proximity sensor.

The app "Hardware Tests" allows testing of several things and also sort of calibrating them. Nothing about proximity sensor anywhere. I am sure that the manufacturer (Nokia/Microsoft) need to do some tests for this - why not make a simple app to allow users to check and correct anomalies??

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
(Sorry - I registered as a user after this query. The original query is from me)

Had seen this thread before (and dozens of similar threads with "quackish' solutions that worked for some people) - but still needed to post. My query is specific - Is there an App or setting that can help re-calibrate the proximity sensor.

The app "Hardware Tests" allows testing of several things and also sort of calibrating them. Nothing about proximity sensor anywhere. I am sure that the manufacturer (Nokia/Microsoft) need to do some tests for this - why not make a simple app to allow users to check and correct anomalies??

speaking from an industrial engineering point of view, proximity sensors are pretty fixed in working distance, I don't think it's about calibration really. The proximity sensor at work in machines have fixed distances, we can't change them unless we get one with different sensing distances

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs