I have a dell laptop and I installed windows 10. Yesterday I deleted my desktop.ini files by mistake. now my screen goes blank after I start my computer and enter my password
    08-27-2016 09:34 PM
    I have a dell laptop and I installed windows 10. Yesterday I deleted my desktop.ini files by mistake. now my screen goes blank after I start my computer and enter my password
    Try to login a new user account.
    Or
    Reset your device would work.

.--------.
    / A TIP \
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    08-27-2016 10:32 PM
    As Aman said, logon with a different account if you can, preferably an admin account. Find the files in that profile and copy them to where you deleted them in the other. Then login with the original account.
    08-27-2016 11:06 PM
    if you press windows key and e key together? does it bring up windows file explorer? Thinking you can go to recycle bing that way..I stand to be corrected on this of course

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    08-28-2016 01:19 PM