why does Lumia Camera changes photo resolution after taking a photo?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

after taking a photo, the photo will then process and changes resolution and became dimmer/darker. i'm using nokia lumia 830. even i adjust all the camera options it still changes. why is it like this? is it normal and does it also happen to other lumia 830 phones using lumia camera?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
after taking a photo, the photo will then process and changes resolution and became dimmer/darker. i'm using nokia lumia 830. even i adjust all the camera options it still changes. why is it like this? is it normal and does it also happen to other lumia 830 phones using lumia camera?

It is conversion process to .jpg...

.--------.
/ A TIP \
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

pastellavender

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
i dont know exactly the word to call it. (sorry) but like the description that i've put, the picture became darker. is that normal?
there's a big difference when i take a picture using the microsoft camera (which is much lighter) and the lumia camera. (in LUMIA 830)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i dont know exactly the word to call it. (sorry) but like the description that i've put, the picture became darker. is that normal?
there's a big difference when i take a picture using the microsoft camera (which is much lighter) and the lumia camera. (in LUMIA 830)

Microsoft changed the processing algorithms.

Check this info though.
With Lumia Camera Classic retired, there is another way to get back the original classic processing algorithms. Third party camera apps on the Lumia 830, 930, 730 and 735 all use the original natural post processing algorithms that were found in Lumia Camera Classic. The best free apps in the store for this purpose are ‘Camera360 Sight’ (which is best for quick shots), and ‘Imagine Cam’ (which uses the Nokia Imaging API to allow full manual controls).

I'm quoting from this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/de...582-lumia-650-vs-lumia-830-vs-moto-g-3rd.html

chancooluk really seems to know his stuff. Why not try the alternate camera apps he mentions?

pastellavender

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
is it normal for the lumia camera to make the photo darker after shot? someone says that is converts to JPEG. and i want to know if there's an option to stop it from converting and just leave the photo like the after shot photo in microsoft camera.

pastellavender

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft changed the processing algorithms.

Check this info though.

I'm quoting from this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/de...582-lumia-650-vs-lumia-830-vs-moto-g-3rd.html

chancooluk really seems to know his stuff. Why not try the alternate camera apps he mentions?

is it normal for the lumia camera to make the photo darker after shot? someone says that is converts to JPEG. and i want to know if there's an option to stop it from converting and just leave the photo like the after shot photo in microsoft camera.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With any digital camera, there is a conversion from the sensor data to jpg.

The camera software uses interpretive algorithms to make this change. Nokia/Lumia had one set of algorithms in Lumia Camera. Microsoft has a different set of algorithms in Microsoft Camera.

With your Lumia 830, you can convert to jpg yourself. Use the capture DNG feature. Put the RAWER app on your phone to do the "conversion to jpg" yourself or process the DNG on your computer..

If the phone didn't "convert to jpg" you'd just have a dump file of the data from the sensor. That is not an image. It's just a data file.

Honestly, I like Camera360 Sight app a lot. The shots look good and it is a fast shooter. If you want point and shoot, try that. It doesn't have a lot of settings and manual adjustments. What it does have, as chancooluk pointed out, is the same algorithms you are used to from Lumia Camera. Give it a try and see if the pics don't look better to you.

danchristerg

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I also noticed some subtle change when I view my photos everytime, I think it sharpens it or it just loads its original high res during that visible transition

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism