After install a antivirus if I change the operating system of my laptop does the antivirus keep working?????
    08-28-2016 10:02 AM
    After install a antivirus if I change the operating system of my laptop does the antivirus keep working?????
    Are you intending upgrading from 8 to 10 ?
    Antivirus will continue working and it will upgrade itself if necessary, but is recommended deactivatin real time protection during an upgrade (some antivirus could take upgrade as a virus and make a mess).
    Every antivirus got an apposite toogle, usually right click on av near clock icon
    Are you intending upgrading from 8 to 10 ?
    Antivirus will continue working and it will upgrade itself if necessary, but is recommended deactivatin real time protection during an upgrade (some antivirus could take upgrade as a virus and make a mess).
    Every antivirus got an apposite toogle, usually right click on av near clock icon
    08-28-2016 10:47 AM
    is this about switching windows to linux?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    08-28-2016 01:00 PM
    If you upgrade form and older version of Windows to a newer version - Yes, in certain cases*
    If you do a clean install of any version of Windows - No
    If you do a clean install of any non-Windows OS (upgrade not possible) - No

* 8.1 to 10 - Yes
    any older builds of 10 to newer builds - Yes
    7 to 10 - No
    7 to 8.1 -Can't say. Haven't Tried.

P.S. It is better to disable or uninstall any security software (except Windows Defender) completely for a more seamless upgrade experience.
    08-28-2016 01:28 PM