HTC One M8 Windows 10 overheats while doing nothing

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Does anyone have an idea as to why my HTC One would overheat while just sitting? No programs running, it isn't in my pocket, it will simply be sitting on the desk, and will decide to heat up.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have an idea as to why my HTC One would overheat while just sitting? No programs running, it isn't in my pocket, it will simply be sitting on the desk, and will decide to heat up.

Because it's DOING something, and cpu and carrier / wifi chipset heats. Go to settings, BAttery, tap on Show app per use and check
Then, check data sense
<That happens during core apps updates / system sync and cache / Onedrive and backup / Updates pending and stopped due to errors and asking for checking in Store.
And at last, when carrier data connection loses signal stenght. Phone must search another working cell nearby.
At the end of all checking, try a soft reset

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

can you try with data off and then check?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
It's probably installing app updates from the store. It is common to heat up during app updates.

Try switching to flight mode (no wifi) and see if it still heats up. If yes, you got background apps running, using CPU cycles. If no, then it was app updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss