Does anyone have an idea as to why my HTC One would overheat while just sitting? No programs running, it isn't in my pocket, it will simply be sitting on the desk, and will decide to heat up.
    08-28-2016 12:31 PM
    Does anyone have an idea as to why my HTC One would overheat while just sitting? No programs running, it isn't in my pocket, it will simply be sitting on the desk, and will decide to heat up.
    Because it's DOING something, and cpu and carrier / wifi chipset heats. Go to settings, BAttery, tap on Show app per use and check
    Then, check data sense
    <That happens during core apps updates / system sync and cache / Onedrive and backup / Updates pending and stopped due to errors and asking for checking in Store.
    And at last, when carrier data connection loses signal stenght. Phone must search another working cell nearby.
    At the end of all checking, try a soft reset
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-28-2016 12:47 PM
    can you try with data off and then check?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-28-2016 12:58 PM
    It's probably installing app updates from the store. It is common to heat up during app updates.

Try switching to flight mode (no wifi) and see if it still heats up. If yes, you got background apps running, using CPU cycles. If no, then it was app updates.
    08-28-2016 01:41 PM