unable to launch lot of apps like edge, settings, store etc. after anniversary update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hi,
having lot of problem in my lumia 640xl after anniversary update, i am unable to launch apps, i.e. whatsapp, edge, whatsapp, stores and many more.
any solution please

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
hi,
having lot of problem in my lumia 640xl after anniversary update, i am unable to launch apps, i.e. whatsapp, edge, whatsapp, stores and many more.
any solution please

if after the soft reset, nothing changes, try removing the sd card and then check
If all fails, try a factory/hard reset

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Luc Eeckelaert

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. Take a backup (although I doubt you will be able as you have no access to the settings) and do a hard reset. the only way to solve this ;( If you have a backup it takes approx. 1 hour (depending on the amount of apps you had installed) and you are back where you left off.
"
  • While your phone is completely shut off, hold down both the power button and the volume down button. (if your phone turns on, you need to repeat this process). This combo should be held for approximately 10 to 15 seconds until a vibration is felt.
  • After the vibration is felt, release the power button and keep holding the volume down button. You should now see an exclamation mark on your screen.
  • Now press the following key combinations: Volume up, Volume Down, Power Button, Volume Down.
  • Your phone will now reset itself to factory defaults.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs