Win 10 backup skipping files that have been moved or renamed

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm worried about the reliability of the new Windows 10 backup. I have been creating images from scanning software. Then, I will rename the files and sometimes move them into different sub-folder's as I'm organizing them. I checked the backup the last few days and none of these updates are reflected in the backup. The location is on OneDrive and an external HD (Seagate 1Tb) is being used. I tried everything. Turning on/off File History, even deleting the main folder on the backup hoping it would just pick it up again. To no avail. I probably have to hard-delete the whole backup and start over. But if this is the case, I have lost faith in the utility itself and would be forced to purchase a 3rd party produce (don't want to do this). Hope this is something easy and I can use the Windows 10 version.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm worried about the reliability of the new Windows 10 backup. I have been creating images from scanning software. Then, I will rename the files and sometimes move them into different sub-folder's as I'm organizing them. I checked the backup the last few days and none of these updates are reflected in the backup. The location is on OneDrive and an external HD (Seagate 1Tb) is being used. I tried everything. Turning on/off File History, even deleting the main folder on the backup hoping it would just pick it up again. To no avail. I probably have to hard-delete the whole backup and start over. But if this is the case, I have lost faith in the utility itself and would be forced to purchase a 3rd party produce (don't want to do this). Hope this is something easy and I can use the Windows 10 version.

can you check that your onedrive is running without any errors and that your internet is on?
Exit onedrive and then start it up again - it should pick up any changes and sync them with the cloud

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos