Official Facebook App CRASHES so bad

rudy rudy

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I had my lumia 640xl and lumia 735 win10 anniversary update. I already install official facebook app, but this app is really screwed up. Previously i install the beta version, it always crashes and make my phone restart, and the final version still had the same problem. Meanwhile facebook from microsoft in windows 10 was slow but still not crashes and now not even available anymore.

In WP8.1 facebook app was really smooth, and fluent and it is acceptable. As the most used social media apps, I dont understand why win10 mobile just let this issue happen.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
The Facebook app has been a shared venture between MS and FB for years. It seems like FB hasn't been keeping up their end very well.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had my lumia 640xl and lumia 735 win10 anniversary update. I already install official facebook app, but this app is really screwed up. Previously i install the beta version, it always crashes and make my phone restart, and the final version still had the same problem. Meanwhile facebook from microsoft in windows 10 was slow but still not crashes and now not even available anymore.

In WP8.1 facebook app was really smooth, and fluent and it is acceptable. As the most used social media apps, I dont understand why win10 mobile just let this issue happen.

Facebook have to pull their socks up for all their apps as there are many complaints about them

Try to reinstall the app, and maybe move to internal memory

rudy rudy

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
Originally Posted by rudy rudy

Facebook have to pull their socks up for all their apps as there are many complaints about them

Try to reinstall the app, and maybe move to internal memory

Yes correct, so many people complaint in the review rate column, star rating get decreasing. Now i am using internet explorer to browse my FB. Official FB apps just to show notification.

I already try many things, reinstall in internal memory, uninstall microsoft facebook apps which is now totally removed from the store.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes correct, so many people complaint in the review rate column, star rating get decreasing. Now i am using internet explorer to browse my FB. Official FB apps just to show notification.

I already try many things, reinstall in internal memory, uninstall microsoft facebook apps which is now totally removed from the store.

so the facebook app doesn't appear in your store anymore? The MS version?

rudy rudy

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes the Facebook MS version does not in the store anymore, only the Facebook official version. So how to solve this? the facebook official keep crashing and make my phone restart every time I open, i had 2 Lumia 640 xl LTE and lumia 735 all the same

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It just needs a stability update. Messenger updated yesterday and its alot faster to load and more stable I would imagine a update is coming soon they updated messenger on pc and mobile yesterday and Facebook on pc

Sent from mTalk

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes the Facebook MS version does not in the store anymore, only the Facebook official version. So how to solve this? the facebook official keep crashing and make my phone restart every time I open, i had 2 Lumia 640 xl LTE and lumia 735 all the same

use the browser for the time being until a new update is released and then test that

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the crappy app cos 9 out of 10 times it would freeze upon launch (1520, WM10 AU)... Now I just use Edge .. no more headaches, and guess what, the battery now last longer

....!!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It seems I was wrong. The app does crash a lot. Now im not a huge Facebook sure but What I've. Noticed is:

When I was using the app when I made the posts about it being "stable", I was on a very very slow internet connection (wifi no cellular data)

However, when I returned home to both good WiFi and cellular data, the app is crashing a lot. It's not usable.

So why wasn't it crashing before? Does it have something to do with the internet speed? I will test this theory when I return to my other location with slow Internet.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled the crappy app cos 9 out of 10 times it would freeze upon launch (1520, WM10 AU)... Now I just use Edge .. no more headaches, and guess what, the battery now last longer

....!!

or try his suggestion (mine too) use the browser and be happy :smile:
See the way raycpl is jumping in joy :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss