I had my lumia 640xl and lumia 735 win10 anniversary update. I already install official facebook app, but this app is really screwed up. Previously i install the beta version, it always crashes and make my phone restart, and the final version still had the same problem. Meanwhile facebook from microsoft in windows 10 was slow but still not crashes and now not even available anymore.

In WP8.1 facebook app was really smooth, and fluent and it is acceptable. As the most used social media apps, I dont understand why win10 mobile just let this issue happen.
    08-29-2016 10:40 AM
    The Facebook app has been a shared venture between MS and FB for years. It seems like FB hasn't been keeping up their end very well.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    08-29-2016 11:13 AM
    That's why I'm using MS's Fb app.
    08-29-2016 12:49 PM
    I have a 640XL and its pretty smooth. But i prefer the Microsoft's facebook app because its better. I end up using the browser because it does not crash and all are there.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-29-2016 12:54 PM
    I had my lumia 640xl and lumia 735 win10 anniversary update. I already install official facebook app, but this app is really screwed up. Previously i install the beta version, it always crashes and make my phone restart, and the final version still had the same problem. Meanwhile facebook from microsoft in windows 10 was slow but still not crashes and now not even available anymore.

In WP8.1 facebook app was really smooth, and fluent and it is acceptable. As the most used social media apps, I dont understand why win10 mobile just let this issue happen.
    Facebook have to pull their socks up for all their apps as there are many complaints about them

Try to reinstall the app, and maybe move to internal memory
    08-30-2016 04:47 AM
    I already try to reinstall them even in internal memory, and as i mention i had uninstall microsoft FB apps unfortunately.
    This is really terrible
    08-31-2016 06:31 AM
    Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
    Originally Posted by rudy rudy

Facebook have to pull their socks up for all their apps as there are many complaints about them

Try to reinstall the app, and maybe move to internal memory
    Yes correct, so many people complaint in the review rate column, star rating get decreasing. Now i am using internet explorer to browse my FB. Official FB apps just to show notification.

I already try many things, reinstall in internal memory, uninstall microsoft facebook apps which is now totally removed from the store.
    08-31-2016 06:34 AM
    Yes correct, so many people complaint in the review rate column, star rating get decreasing. Now i am using internet explorer to browse my FB. Official FB apps just to show notification.

I already try many things, reinstall in internal memory, uninstall microsoft facebook apps which is now totally removed from the store.
    so the facebook app doesn't appear in your store anymore? The MS version?
    08-31-2016 02:01 PM
    Yes the Facebook MS version does not in the store anymore, only the Facebook official version. So how to solve this? the facebook official keep crashing and make my phone restart every time I open, i had 2 Lumia 640 xl LTE and lumia 735 all the same
    09-01-2016 02:02 AM
    It just needs a stability update. Messenger updated yesterday and its alot faster to load and more stable I would imagine a update is coming soon they updated messenger on pc and mobile yesterday and Facebook on pc

Sent from mTalk
    09-01-2016 04:55 AM
    Yes the Facebook MS version does not in the store anymore, only the Facebook official version. So how to solve this? the facebook official keep crashing and make my phone restart every time I open, i had 2 Lumia 640 xl LTE and lumia 735 all the same
    use the browser for the time being until a new update is released and then test that
    09-01-2016 07:48 AM
    The FB app is the worst app ever bring back the other one from MS
    Chintan Gohel and rudy rudy like this.
    09-02-2016 11:05 AM
    The FB app is the worst app ever bring back the other one from MS
    I'm on you for this one, of course, using a port was never going to work for an app of this complexity
    rudy rudy likes this.
    09-03-2016 02:12 AM
    Upvote....is there any update on this
    09-13-2016 08:44 PM
    I uninstalled the crappy app cos 9 out of 10 times it would freeze upon launch (1520, WM10 AU)... Now I just use Edge .. no more headaches, and guess what, the battery now last longer

....!!
    rudy rudy and Chintan Gohel like this.
    09-13-2016 11:46 PM
    I use the fb (beta) app on my 640 (latest fast insider) and it works great. (installed on internal memory)
    rudy rudy likes this.
    09-14-2016 12:14 AM
    Hi there, i already use the latest update after anniversary update and install ij internal memory. But still sucks
    09-19-2016 08:02 PM
    Same here. facebook app udated today, and still crashes
    rudy rudy likes this.
    09-20-2016 02:12 AM
    It seems I was wrong. The app does crash a lot. Now im not a huge Facebook sure but What I've. Noticed is:

When I was using the app when I made the posts about it being "stable", I was on a very very slow internet connection (wifi no cellular data)

However, when I returned home to both good WiFi and cellular data, the app is crashing a lot. It's not usable.

So why wasn't it crashing before? Does it have something to do with the internet speed? I will test this theory when I return to my other location with slow Internet.
    Chintan Gohel and rudy rudy like this.
    09-25-2016 06:06 AM
    I uninstalled the crappy app cos 9 out of 10 times it would freeze upon launch (1520, WM10 AU)... Now I just use Edge .. no more headaches, and guess what, the battery now last longer

....!!
    or try his suggestion (mine too) use the browser and be happy
    See the way raycpl is jumping in joy
    raycpl likes this.
    09-25-2016 09:28 AM
    See the way raycpl is jumping in joy
    haha
    That Avatar was when I was really happy with my orange 830 before the death of its FFC...!! LOL
    09-25-2016 10:55 AM
    Dear microsoft and facebook, now the rate of this FB win 10 mobile app becomes less than 2 stars. Are u ignoring our complaint?
    10-02-2016 12:09 AM
    Dear microsoft and facebook, now the rate of this FB win 10 mobile app becomes less than 2 stars. Are u ignoring our complaint?
    The problem is from the fact that they used a porting tool for the app and not building the app from the ground up - shortcuts never work, right?
    10-02-2016 03:29 AM
    Facebook just updated information on the store. It says facebook require 2GB RAM! This is huge disadvantages for us, previously in wp 8.1 even with 500MB RAM, facebook apps was fluent and smooth. Everything is ok. What is the advantages for us existing user to upgrade to win 10 if we loose FB app. Why would people buy new win 10 mobile devices with 1 GB RAM if they do not able to use FB APPS properly??
    10-18-2016 02:01 AM