unable to upgrade lumia 640 xl win 10 mob after downgrading it to windows phone 8.1. Kindly help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I downgraded my lumia 640 xl from current aniv. update to windows phone 8.1 using windows recov tool. After setup i am unable to reinstall windows 10 mobile since update option shows that my device is up-to-date Does anybody have solution for this issue

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I downgraded my lumia 640 xl from current aniv. update to windows phone 8.1 using windows recov tool. After setup i am unable to reinstall windows 10 mobile since update option shows that my device is up-to-date Does anybody have solution for this issue

go to store and download upgrade advisor app - install it and follow instructions

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
sorry to bother u again chintan. i successfully upgraded my device to 10586.107 but further updates are not available. It shows device is up-to-date

soft reset your device and try again
check that time, date, time zone and region are correct

If the update still doesn't appear after a day or two, then I would suggest enrolling into windows insider program, downloading insider app, installing it and selecting release ring only and following instructions from that point

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte