Why do many MAC OS user run Windows in parallel on their machines?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I know many MAC OS user running Windows for da to day work in virtuell Windows machine.
Many of them mainly use the Windows environment.

Now I wonder why not running Windows native and instead MAC OS running in parallel in virtual machines to benefit from both side?

I asked around at work and within friend if their would be more Windows user interested to use MAC OS in parallel.....but there was hardly any demand for Mac OS.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What a coincidence, just yesterday VMware announced updates to their desktop virtualization software.
VMware is releasing Fusion 8.5 for Mac and Workstation Pro 12.5 for Windows and Linux as free upgrades for users of versions 8 and 12, respectively. Both will have support for the Windows 10 Anniversary edition and Windows Server 2016. Fusion will support macOS Sierra hosts and guests.

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I do it for a couple of reason. First of all, I love macOS, Ive been using Macs my entire life, so getting a PC is 1000% out of the querstion. But when I was in college, I needed Visual Studios for my C++ and C# classes, and at the time it wasnt available for the Mac, so I used Parallels. Now that I've graduated, I mostly use Xcode, and when I do need Visual Studios, there is a Mac version. So while I dont use Windows on my Mac as often as I used to, I still open up Windows 10 from time to time to play old games and some Indie titles I like to play.

Last edited:

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I do it for a couple of reason, first of all, I love macOS, Ive been using Macs my entire life, so getting a PC is 100% out of the querstion for me. But when I went to college, I needed Visual Studios for my C++ and C# classes, and at the time there wasnt a Mac verson of it, so I used parralls to run it in class, and do my homework. Now that Ive graduated, I mostly use xcode, and when I do need Visual Studios, Microsft does make it for Mac. So while I dont use Windows in parrells as often as I used to IO still use it for some old Windows games and Indie titles I like to play.

Nice! I used boot camp to get Visual Studio as I work with C# myself, I have no problem with switching over to Windows, as I'm very comfortable with both OS's... Even though my MacBook primarily runs Windows 10.

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Nice! I used boot camp to get Visual Studio as I work with C# myself, I have no problem with switching over to Windows, as I'm very comfortable with both OS's... Even though my MacBook primarily runs Windows 10.

I like the flexablitily of Parallels where i can use VS on Windows, but still do the majority of my work on the Mac side without having to reboot the system. Also I find I get much better performace in term of battery life using Parallels as apposed to bootcamp.
Dont get me wrong, I am very comfortable using Windows systems, but I personally perfer macOS. I honestly couldnt switch. To deep in the ecosystem.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I prefer Bootcamp to a VM to be honest, better performance. Windows on a Mac is great for games. The Mac doesn't really have a great gaming library natively so many people use Windows on Mac to play Windows games that they cannot get for the Mac.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan