I want to put a few often used desktop shortcuts into the taskbar. How?
    08-31-2016 05:45 PM
    I want to put a few often used desktop shortcuts into the taskbar. How?
    As far as I know, only programs and apps can be pinned, not files or shortcuts

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-01-2016 06:58 AM
    This is a repeat of my question above. I used the taskbar in Windows 7 and also in Windows XP to quickly go to several websites in addition to other stuff. I just did this in Windows 7 for the past few years so I think it can be done. How?. Some of these sites are: My Yahoo, American Express, Facebook, Amazon, Wells Fargo, United Healthcare, Yahoo Fantasy Football, Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, and others. This seems to be another example of Windows 10 failures. I very much thank you for any help you can give me.
    09-01-2016 07:04 PM
    This is a repeat of my question above. I used the taskbar in Windows 7 and also in Windows XP to quickly go to several websites in addition to other stuff. I just did this in Windows 7 for the past few years so I think it can be done. How?. Some of these sites are: My Yahoo, American Express, Facebook, Amazon, Wells Fargo, United Healthcare, Yahoo Fantasy Football, Yahoo Fantasy Baseball, and others. This seems to be another example of Windows 10 failures. I very much thank you for any help you can give me.
    so this is what I found after you said it was possible before - I have never used this feature so I was completely unaware of it - apologies for my wrong assumption

So for pinning files or programs - when you drag the file or the program to the taskbar, it will pin the program and then pin the file within the program list. So if I drag an excel document to the taskbar, excel program gets pinned and when right clicking that excel icon, I can see all pinned excel files. The same for pdf, word etc

For links, you have to right click the taskbar > toolbars >links. The links list is the same as the links list on Internet Explorer - I didn't get to test with edge. So when you click on the links tool bar, you'll see all the website links there

thank you for pointing out my mistake, I appreciate it
    09-02-2016 07:47 AM