Windows 10: High res monitor, can I have different scaling for my programs/apps than for my desktop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've just bought a new laptop (DELL 15 7000) and installed Windows 10 on it. It's my first time using not only Windows 10 but also such a high res computer (1920 x 1080) and, obviously - everything appears very small! I've figured out how to use scaling but here's the thing - the optimal scaling it suggests, 125%, looks wonderful for my desktop and icons but for software and apps 150% is definitely better. Is there any way to combine these two?
I tried custom scaling at 125% but that changed my desktop scaling to 125% and everything else to 100% - which is pretty tiny, and very nearly the opposite of what I wanted to do.

I hope the information I've provided has been enough but if you need to know anything else about my system let me know and I'll provide more info.
Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've just bought a new laptop (DELL 15 7000) and installed Windows 10 on it. It's my first time using not only Windows 10 but also such a high res computer (1920 x 1080) and, obviously - everything appears very small! I've figured out how to use scaling but here's the thing - the optimal scaling it suggests, 125%, looks wonderful for my desktop and icons but for software and apps 150% is definitely better. Is there any way to combine these two?
I tried custom scaling at 125% but that changed my desktop scaling to 125% and everything else to 100% - which is pretty tiny, and very nearly the opposite of what I wanted to do.

I hope the information I've provided has been enough but if you need to know anything else about my system let me know and I'll provide more info.
Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

there are two scaling options:

Settings > system > display - scaling for text and apps

There's also the custom scaling option you tried - I'm assuming in control panel

So in custom scaling, what if yo try 150%?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo