lumia640 lte windows10 current update: I believe i can back up my text messages to OneDrive. ive recently found out they are not backing up automatically. they are not up there on the cloud. i can not find the 'sync between devices' on my phone. ive synced all I can find on my phone but cant seem to find 'messages backup.' and I cant find that tab on OneDrive. does anyone know how. thanks drew.
    09-01-2016 02:12 PM
    lumia640 lte windows10 current update: I believe i can back up my text messages to OneDrive. ive recently found out they are not backing up automatically. they are not up there on the cloud. i can not find the 'sync between devices' on my phone. ive synced all I can find on my phone but cant seem to find 'messages backup.' and I cant find that tab on OneDrive. does anyone know how. thanks drew.
    have you checked in messaging settings -the option should be there
    Try after a soft reset and checking for app updates
    Messages are synced with your account but not in onedrive
    andrew bainbridge likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:08 AM
    hi Chintan. where are the messages stored when they are backed up or saved? can i access them somehow. cheers drew.
    09-02-2016 11:07 AM
    ...by the way, i can not 'quote and post.' I can only post, so the problem continues but at least i can access WC through the desktop app!
    09-02-2016 11:08 AM
    ...by the way, i can not 'quote and post.' I can only post, so the problem continues but at least i can access WC through the desktop app!
    I'm using the browser so quoting isn't an issue for me. I can't use the app since I have xp on this pc

There was a report a couple of years back that the messages were being stored in your email as conversations or something similar - and there was a way to access them. I tested it but it didn't work for me. Maybe you can try it http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ed-online.html

There's also this app: How to view Windows Phone SMS on your Windows PC or tablet - MSPoweruser
    andrew bainbridge likes this.
    09-03-2016 02:19 AM