how to backup massages to OneDrive.

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
lumia640 lte windows10 current update: I believe i can back up my text messages to OneDrive. ive recently found out they are not backing up automatically. they are not up there on the cloud. i can not find the 'sync between devices' on my phone. ive synced all I can find on my phone but cant seem to find 'messages backup.' and I cant find that tab on OneDrive. does anyone know how. thanks drew.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
lumia640 lte windows10 current update: I believe i can back up my text messages to OneDrive. ive recently found out they are not backing up automatically. they are not up there on the cloud. i can not find the 'sync between devices' on my phone. ive synced all I can find on my phone but cant seem to find 'messages backup.' and I cant find that tab on OneDrive. does anyone know how. thanks drew.

have you checked in messaging settings -the option should be there
Try after a soft reset and checking for app updates
Messages are synced with your account but not in onedrive

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
...by the way, i can not 'quote and post.' I can only post, so the problem continues but at least i can access WC through the desktop app!

I'm using the browser so quoting isn't an issue for me. I can't use the app since I have xp on this pc

There was a report a couple of years back that the messages were being stored in your email as conversations or something similar - and there was a way to access them. I tested it but it didn't work for me. Maybe you can try it http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/213500-sms-back-up-can-viewed-online.html

There's also this app: How to view Windows Phone SMS on your Windows PC or tablet - MSPoweruser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb