Lumia 735 on Verizon. Updated to 1607 OS build 10.0.1.14939.67 a couple days ago.

Huge change in battery life...for the worse.

I check battery usage by app...and its all Cortana. For example, I fully charged the unit, unplugged it and, it sat untouched for 10 hours. Cortana ate 50%!

I don't use Cortana normally. I've turned everything off in her notebook. Is there some way to turn her off...or save my battery power?

Let me be clear...this is not cool. I don't care what bells an whistles MS wants to brag about adding (mostly spyware by another name assuredly)...I used to be able to go days without recharging...now I can't go a day without the phone going into saving mode.

I am not happy about this.

Thanks for any advise.
    09-01-2016 02:22 PM
    Lumia 735 on Verizon. Updated to 1607 OS build 10.0.1.14939.67 a couple days ago.

Huge change in battery life...for the worse.

I check battery usage by app...and its all Cortana. For example, I fully charged the unit, unplugged it and, it sat untouched for 10 hours. Cortana ate 50%!

I don't use Cortana normally. I've turned everything off in her notebook. Is there some way to turn her off...or save my battery power?

Let me be clear...this is not cool. I don't care what bells an whistles MS wants to brag about adding (mostly spyware by another name assuredly)...I used to be able to go days without recharging...now I can't go a day without the phone going into saving mode.

I am not happy about this.

Thanks for any advise.
    disable it from running in the background and unpin it from start screen
    Then try a soft reset

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-02-2016 06:09 AM