email left in inbox after delete

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i am running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. i have deleted emails from my inbox only to find them in my inbox after a restart. the deletion was done when AVAST av was down if that makes a difference. upon finding the inbox full again i tried to delete them again a received an unknown error. i then looked in the deleted box and all the emails were there too. i then authorized a permanent deletion from there, so the emails are gone. but they still show in my inbox. i sent an email to myself to make sure it works. is there any why to clear the inbox?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i am running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. i have deleted emails from my inbox only to find them in my inbox after a restart. the deletion was done when AVAST av was down if that makes a difference. upon finding the inbox full again i tried to delete them again a received an unknown error. i then looked in the deleted box and all the emails were there too. i then authorized a permanent deletion from there, so the emails are gone. but they still show in my inbox. i sent an email to myself to make sure it works. is there any why to clear the inbox?

one possible way could be to add the account again - but you might lose some emails? Not sure, never used live mail

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss