Why is it so much trouble to log into my laptop?

lizabey

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So I have Windows 10, and a few days or a week ago, the laptop automatically did this huge update. I wouldn't know what updates it could have possibly made aside from changing Skype to a new colour, and making it impossible to log in.

From the update until now, what would happen is that it would be on the screen that shows the time and what-not, when you first open the laptop. Then normally you click and it brings up where you put in your password. So before today, instead of the password boxing poping up, there would just be nothing. Just the wallpaper, and that's it. It would stay that way for a while, then it would go back to where it shows the time/what-not. Then I'd try it again, the same thing would happen, and then eventually the password box would show.

So today, I can log in fine, but then I keep getting the message:

"We can't sign into your account
This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in.
If you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost."

So all my files aren't there, the wallpaper is default, etc. I should just be able to log out and back in, or restart the laptop, but this keeps happening.

Something like this used to happen before the update, where I would log in and randomly everything would be gone. Usually it would all come back after restarting, but I don't know why this happens in the first place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos