Facebook Messenger crashing on specific geographic location

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have the weirdest problem in the world:
Both me and my wife have Lumia 950XL. The Facebook Messenger app does not working on both devices in our neighborhood. Doesn't matter if it's on Wi-Fi or LTE.
The app works fine in any other place we tried. It also doesn't matter what W10M build we using, Insider rings or not.
The only way to make it work is to go outside the neighborhood, turn off GPS on the device and go back in.
Any ideas?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the weirdest problem in the world:
Both me and my wife have Lumia 950XL. The Facebook Messenger app does not working on both devices in our neighborhood. Doesn't matter if it's on Wi-Fi or LTE.
The app works fine in any other place we tried. It also doesn't matter what W10M build we using, Insider rings or not.
The only way to make it work is to go outside the neighborhood, turn off GPS on the device and go back in.
Any ideas?

can you try removing the wifi network from your phones and then adding them back?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

David Fainshtein

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
So, I finally found the reason for this problem: Since we live in Jerusalem, every time we approaching the eastern part of the city, the phone is switching the time zone to Gaza & Hebron instead of Jerusalem! :angry:
Turned off automatic time zone setting, problem solved!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05