PC Band without a phone

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Purchased a Band 2; can't install on windows laptop; only option on band says android or apple phone. Any ideas how to get health application on laptop?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Purchased a Band 2; can't install on windows laptop; only option on band says android or apple phone. Any ideas how to get health application on laptop?

I think your pc has to have windows 10 installed as well as bluetooth

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It would help if we know what os you're running on your laptop. I wouldn't think Windows 10 is a requirement.

What version of Windows are you running?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by 11B1P
It would help if we know what os you're running on your laptop. I wouldn't think Windows 10 is a requirement.

What version of Windows are you running?

Windows 10 IS a requirement as the Microsoft Health app only works on Windows 10.

OP, ideally you need a supported phone to get it set up on first before connecting it to your laptop. You can use a phone with any of the following, Windows Phone 8.1/10 Mobile, Android or iOS. A Windows based phone is the ideal one as that allows you to use all of the Band 2s features.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How will this help the OP? They want to SETUP a Microsoft Band and to do that you NEED the Microsoft Health app on Android, iOS or Windows 10 Mobile/Phone. You should be able to do the same on Windows 10 using the Microsoft Health app from the Store.

His questions were about his laptop. That's what I answered.

I understand the process to set-up the Band 2. There's 2 in my home.

There's something wrong if the Band only states android or apple. I don't think he/she knows what they're doing or asking.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
His questions were about his laptop. That's what I answered.

I understand the process to set-up the Band 2. There's 2 in my home.

There's something wrong if the Band only states android or apple. I don't think he/she knows what they're doing or asking.

You need to read it again, the web dashboard only shows stats nothing more.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You need to read it again, the web dashboard only shows stats nothing more.

I understand what the dashboard shows!

Issue 1. There's more info we need. The OP states he can't install Windows on his laptop, maybe he has a MAC.

Issue 2. The OP has an issue with the Band if it only shows android and apple as compatible phones.

Regardless, it's a waste of time to keep trying to solve the OP's problems until he posts more detailed info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2