Last full backup was 16.08.2016. Since then I cannot do a full backup of my Lumia 720 Every time I go into settings, backup, backup now it reaches 97% , hangs and then tells me that it "We can't connect to One drive to back up. Update your phone and try again." When I go into settings update my phone it tells me I have the latest version. Also under store there are no updates for One Drive or other apps. Please advise what I must do to backup my phone One Drive. I can open One Drive on my phone - no problem
    09-04-2016 09:51 AM
    Last full backup was 16.08.2016. Since then I cannot do a full backup of my Lumia 720 Every time I go into settings, backup, backup now it reaches 97% , hangs and then tells me that it "We can't connect to One drive to back up. Update your phone and try again." When I go into settings update my phone it tells me I have the latest version. Also under store there are no updates for One Drive or other apps. Please advise what I must do to backup my phone One Drive. I can open One Drive on my phone - no problem
    Guess you got 8.1....
    09-04-2016 11:47 AM
    can you do the backup with the app backup off?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-04-2016 12:29 PM
    I tried to backup with the app backup off and it reaches 96%, then tells me it lost connection to the server and could not complete - try again later. I am really at my wits end with this as now my calender also won't sync - giving me error code 8500201D (which I cannot find). Please can you advise and help? Thank you
    09-05-2016 11:45 AM
    I tried to backup with the app backup off and it reaches 96%, then tells me it lost connection to the server and could not complete - try again later. I am really at my wits end with this as now my calender also won't sync - giving me error code 8500201D (which I cannot find). Please can you advise and help? Thank you
    So that means the apps backup is not the issue. Does your onedrive account have enough space? I believe you can delete the older backups to create space
    09-06-2016 04:49 AM
    Thanks will try. I did manage to back up with the apps off and today it worked, but the minute I tried to backup with the apps on - same problem. I am a bit worried to delete the backup on one drive because if I cannot create another backup, I would have nothing. As far as I can see, the space available on One Drive is sufficient. If I create a backup with the apps off, it does backup everything, contacts, messages, photos, etc just not the apps - right?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-06-2016 12:21 PM
    Thanks will try. I did manage to back up with the apps off and today it worked, but the minute I tried to backup with the apps on - same problem. I am a bit worried to delete the backup on one drive because if I cannot create another backup, I would have nothing. As far as I can see, the space available on One Drive is sufficient. If I create a backup with the apps off, it does backup everything, contacts, messages, photos, etc just not the apps - right?
    right - did you see more than one backup in onedrive? If yes, you can delete the older ones
    09-12-2016 06:44 AM