How do I back up and restore my texts.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 950XL and cannot backup or restore my texts. I received this path to back and restore...Go to Settings > System > Messaging and turn on Text backup.

I follow the path, but my phone does not have Text backup!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950XL and cannot backup or restore my texts. I received this path to back and restore...Go to Settings > System > Messaging and turn on Text backup.

You means messages? If you enabled it, they are backed up on your OneDrive cloud and you'll see them after a reset (or when you'll move to another windows phone).
What do you thinked it happened?
Messages are restore automatically after an hard reset, they are downloaded from your OneDrive. But you must enabled backup before, not after

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

check in backup settings too and is your account signed in all right on the phone?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99