How can I get rid of adware on my phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an Nokia Lumia 520 phone and I use Internet Explorer. Over the past few months I've noticed that when I've been browsing sites on my phone that it would freeze and crash. Then when I look back on my history it comes up with "trc.taboola". I've looked all over the place for answers as to how I can get rid of it, but all I find are pages on how to get rid of it on computers (via anti-virus software) or that my phone shouldn't have this bug as the only way you can download things is from the Microsoft website. But even if that's true it doesn't help because it do have this bug!

Is there anyway that I can get rid of this without getting a new phone? (I've tried looking for scanning software for this phone but of the two that exist they don't seem to work. And as I've heard, there basically isn't any because it isn't needed).

Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have an Nokia Lumia 520 phone and I use Internet Explorer. Over the past few months I've noticed that when I've been browsing sites on my phone that it would freeze and crash. Then when I look back on my history it comes up with "trc.taboola". I've looked all over the place for answers as to how I can get rid of it, but all I find are pages on how to get rid of it on computers (via anti-virus software) or that my phone shouldn't have this bug as the only way you can download things is from the Microsoft website. But even if that's true it doesn't help because it do have this bug!

Is there anyway that I can get rid of this without getting a new phone? (I've tried looking for scanning software for this phone but of the two that exist they don't seem to work. And as I've heard, there basically isn't any because it isn't needed).

Thanks!

go to IE and clear all history, cookies and cache

Or try using a different browser or don't visit that site

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre