Unable to buy from Windows store using PayPal :(

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Trying to buy any thing from store using paypal gives an error, but combine MS gift card with paypal works :\
My account is set to USA
My paypal is set to USA
My device is set to USA
Uses PROXY to be virtually located in USA.

Any ideas?
Note that I live in the Middle East, paypal isn't allowed to be used in Win store.

Last edited:

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Well I think the best option would be to talk to PayPAL directly. They are responding fairly fast to the Customers so worth checking out... Microsoft takes more time in my experience but you may get some answers...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My account is set to USA
My paypal is set to USA
My device is set to USA
Uses PROXY to be virtually located in USA.

What else have I forgotten about?!

Is PayPal funded with a non-US credit card, debit card, or bank account? I have no idea if it makes any difference, but I thought maybe it is something you forgot about! :wink:

I read a lot about how users in some countries have trouble paying for software when they try to. Is that at least part of the reason why pirating is so common in developing countries? It seems that in some cases there is no other option for getting software, even when trying to acquire it legitimately.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I read on the net that PP doesn't look for the source of the card, as long your billing address is US the you're in US

Is it possible that your bank is blocking the transaction as you are in your country but making the transaction in the US?? My bank require advanced warning that I will be doing card payments during f.e. holidays abroad...

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
There is a good chance that because all but one indicator points to the US, an d the one that does not - the ship to, or billing address - it sends a RED Flag? maybe because your Gift card is tethered to your MS account, if removes the flag? just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3