I was working and my windows shut down and I lost my document .. How do I restore it ? Its no where to be found
    09-06-2016 06:27 PM
    How to recover unsaved Word document, computer shut down. Can't - Microsoft Community

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Back in the old days you would often find files that were caught in a shutdown in the temp folder C:/Windows/Temp, often the files would have the same file name, but instead of "Filename.doc" they would be called "Filename.TMP" or sometimes "Filename.~MP".

Do a search for the filename (If you had saved it at sometime), make sure you search the whole of C: drive and try a wildcard so if your file was called "Letter.Doc" do the search as "Letter.* ", the asterisk tells Windows to search for any file regardless of extension with the name "letter".

If you find it, make a copy of it and try opening the copy, that way if anything goes wrong you still have the original.

If you hadn't saved it at anytime, you may have a problem.

I admit I haven't had to do any of this for a good few years so only going from memory.

Join up if you want to reply.
    09-06-2016 06:53 PM
    How to recover unsaved Word document, computer shut down. Can't - Microsoft Community

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-06-2016 06:55 PM
    I have already written my recommendation on data recovery in a similar topic. You should look up reviews of these softwares, there are quite a lot, including free options. I personally like to work with Disk Drill http://www.cleverfiles.com/word-excel-recovery.html or Recuva. They are a bit different, but both free so you won't lose anything if you give it a try. Good luck!
    12-23-2016 05:46 AM