Why I can't install whatsapp nor viber via store on my Lumia 535 after upgrading to Win10 mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

It worked well on 8.1 Now it doesn't. It says this device needs to be installed on internal hardware. I have 4gb of internal memory. No additional space from cards. Why is this happening? It worked fine on 8.1 and now nothing. error code 0x80240439. Please help, this is so annoying.

sidtek50

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I've got the exact same problem, only I have just today bought a Lumia 640 and upgraded it to Windows 10. The error I get when trying to download/install an app is "Try that again Something went wrong. The error code is 0x80240439 in case you need it."

Very disappointed with the phone now. I'm beginning to think it might be a problem with the Microsoft Store itself. I really hope it's resolved soon otherwise I will have no choice but to return to iOS or Android. I've never experienced an issue trying to download and install an app before.

kleider1

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
This also happened to me but with a different app. Happened to skype, hard reset my phone. Now skype worked, but Instagram won't download now. If anyone gets a solution, help would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: I finally got it to install, but I had to turn off my phone and leave it off for a couple hours. Its not my main phone so I forgot it was off. Maybe leaving it off for a couple minutes did the trick because before just restarting it didn't work.

Last edited:

sidtek50

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I left my Lumia on all night, on aeroplane mode. Woke up in the morning and tried installing an app and it just worked. Can't complain too much, must be a bug or temporary hitch.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This also happened to me but with a different app. Happened to skype, hard reset my phone. Now skype worked, but Instagram won't download now. If anyone gets a solution, help would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: I finally got it to install, but I had to turn off my phone and leave it off for a couple hours. Its not my main phone so I forgot it was off. Maybe leaving it off for a couple minutes did the trick because before just restarting it didn't work.

I left my Lumia on all night, on aeroplane mode. Woke up in the morning and tried installing an app and it just worked. Can't complain too much, must be a bug or temporary hitch.

so both of you can now install apps without any issues?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12